We're already one quarter into the new year and it's time to take a realistic look at how things are going at your organization.
- Are you on plan?
- Do you have a plan?
If either answer is "NO," it's not too late!
Agree on 8 Simple Questions
The key to getting your company on target this year is making sure everyone on your leadership team agrees with your company vision. The video below walks you through the proven EOS process to help your team clarify and agree on your company vision and priorities. In the video, you’ll learn how to crystallize your company vision with eight key questions to align your leadership team.
These 8 Key Questions will help you learn:
- How to create a unified and shared vision for your organization.
- How to define your organization’s core values and core focus.
- How to align your leadership around a shared 10-year target and marketing strategy.
- How to make your 10-year target a reality with a 3-year picture, a 1-year plan and quarterly rocks.
- How to agree as a team on issues that need to be solved.
Finding agreement is one of the key obstacles organizations face when trying to get to the next level. It’s not that the leaders don’t have a vision for their company, but that there are several visions that don’t align. Don't be afraid of a little HEALTHY conflict. "Healthy" means focused on the greater good of the company, not personal agendas.
Conflict Creates Unity
It’s often tempting to gloss over conflicts to foster a feeling of unity and collaboration, and keep dissension to a minimum. So in an effort to keep the team happy, disagreements don’t really get explored and are only minimally addressed. A bandage is slapped on the issue.
The truth is, to create real unity and collaboration, you need to fully engage in conflict and disagreements. Conflicts are opportunities to truly bring your whole leadership team onto the same page and get full buy-in. When everyone has the opportunity to voice their perspective and understand other perspectives, the real issues at the root of the conflict can be addressed and resolved.
Only then can you have full buy-in, real unity, and be in a position to start gaining traction.
- Download the first chapter of Traction—the book that shows you how to get your company on track.
- Need to sharpen your vision? Use the EOS Vision/Traction Organizer (V/TO)™ to align your team.