All too often, leaders and team managers in business overlook the importance of celebrating small wins.
Have you ever heard your boss say, “It’s about time this team made some progress?" I did in my early career in corporate sales, and although the intent was to recognize progress, the tone was negative and uninspiring.
As a leader and/or team member, it’s important to recognize individual and team accomplishments –even when they’re small. By doing so, you recognize their efforts and progress toward larger company goals. This recognition will boost the energy and mood of the team, which will spread throughout the office.
EOS Tool Helps Track Weekly Accomplishments
- Weekly Scorecards – key performance indicators
- to-dos – seven-day action items
- Rocks – quarterly priorities
At the end of each meeting, team members rate the meeting on a scale of one to 10, 10 being the best. Rating the meeting provides an opportunity to recognize small accomplishments during the week.
Time and time again, I hear team members say, “I never rate anything a 10.” To an extent, I get it. A 10 can be perceived as perfection, and perfection doesn’t exist. But what if you hit your measurables for the week, completed your list of to-dos, all of your Rocks are on track for the quarter and your team solved a few important issues?
Small Wins Drive Employee Engagement
Remember, small wins build confidence, and they’re an opportunity to reflect on what’s working so you can do more of it. Research shows when employees see visible progress and experience small wins, they become more engaged and productive.
So, the next time you have an opportunity to recognize a small win, celebrate it! Ring a bell or give a round of applause. You might even give your team a 10!
Without the small wins, there would be no big celebrations!
- Unlock the EOS Toolbox to download a copy of the Level 10 Meeting™ Agenda
- Take the Organizational Checkup™ to get a picture of your company’s strengths and weaknesses, along with a roadmap for improvement
- Order What The Heck Is EOS? for every employee in your company. Save 50% off the retail price when you order 20+ hardcover copies of the book through the Traction Library!